PunchRiot accepts and reads unsolicited submissions year-round.
Be sure to read the About page and check out the Sample Magazine to get some idea of what we publish.
We’re interested in renegade, outsider writing that tends to be rejected by the entertainment and cultural institutions dominated by leftists and cultural marxists. We feature a random, healthy mix of any of the following in each issue: literary and genre fiction; poetry; observation; humor; opinion; poetry; creative non-fiction; music appreciation; biography; intersexual dynamics; cultural analysis and criticism; art, especially observation, humorous, and satirical cartoons and pinup art.
We pay for First Serial Rights and First Electronic Rights. We do publish simultaneous submissions and previously published material that meets our needs and requirements, but we only pay for previously unpublished material.
Acceptance & Notifications
Authors we want to work with will be notified of acceptance or interest within fourteen (14) business days of submission. We do not notify authors of rejection. No notification within notification window indicates rejection.
All compensation is distributed through PayPal only. Other payment distribution options are planned.
Compensation for written work is at $0.01 USD per word or $10.00, whichever is greater, plus the magazine PDF emailed to the author.
Compensation for art work is comparable to written work (plus the PDF emailed to the artist) and will be quoted to the artist upon interest/acceptance.
Compensation is expected to increase based on monthly subscriptions and readership.
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries should include the following information in the email or download:
- First & Last Author Name for the byline
- Word count
- PayPal email address for payment
- All entries should be submitted in an editable electronic format: plain text (.txt); rich text format (.rtf); PDF; MS Word/Mac Pages/etc. Basically, anything that can be easily copied and pasted while retaining layout (paragraphs, etc.).
Plain text is preferred and we will love you long time for using it.
- Maximum length is 1500 words for written work.
- We are interested in drawings, doodles (as accent graphics), and simple cartoons. Keep in mind that the magazine is published as a PDF and is optimized for print. Art work should be submitted in a scalable electronic format.